Friday, May 25, 2007

Today I am Happy :)

Then it has been really hectic and chaotic. There was an urgent customer requirement and we had to push a lot. Anyhow we managed to push A LOT.
These things are common in IT industry. Strict deadlines and hectic schedules are an integral part of a programmer's life. Stupid things like poor work culture and work environment may add to it. Still there are lakhs and lakhs of coders working with this pressure and stress and developing lots and lots of functional softwares. Softwares that make the life of many people comfortable. It may be a great Operating System or a simple web browser, but IT has played a significant role in everybody's day to day life.
While developing these products coders compromise alot. They may have to go with an inferior solution that can be deployed quickly rather than the best one, they want to employ. And this thing matters a lot to programmers.
Still they move on. Then the reason can be MONEY? After all engineers in IT field earn alot more than the engineers in Mechanical or Civil. But for me its something other than money and I know that it is the same for the rest of programmers. I know that the stuff that I am developing will help some design engineer working in Piping Industry. I dont know the engineer nor he knows me. But I know somebody will use the functionality that I have developed and he will get benefitted. He will certainly feel the significance of the product in making his task simple.
Everybody knows that Programmers love Coding the most. Programmers love the machines and love to work with the machines. Programmers love maths, puzzles, logic etc etc. And I love them too. I love to design my routines , analyze them, get feedback from my lead regarding them and code them. But the time I enjoy the most is when I see them in action.
The lines of code written by me are nice and that I know. My lead also knows, as he reviews them. Some of my team mates will know as they move through our codes frequently. But the user, the unknown man for whom we are working evaluates the true value of those lines. He knows absolutely nothing regarding my codes nor he has any interest. But he is spending some bucks and in return wants some of his work tobe done by the machines accurately and efficiently. And to my greatest pleasure I found today that everything developed by me are working perfectly in our software :) :) :). Today I am happy. I am happy because we are done with SP2 and I can have some loose time schedule for some weeks. I am also happy because today I find my work tobe perfect and fine : ).

No comments: